History Kluang

image kluangKluang name derives from the Malay word 'bat', which means a big bat or fruit bats. These animals exist in great numbers in Kluang last few decades; but now almost no longer due to hunting and the destruction of its natural habitat

Ranking Kluang is located in the heart of Johor State, surrounded by all regions, except Muar. Capacity Kluang district is 2,8518.8 square kilometers. Council administrative area 126.57 square kilometers. Kluang're with other cities through a network of roads and railways.

1915 was a historic year for Kluang. In the administrative center was established for the central region of Johor. In the same year also contact Kluang railway communication with other major cities have been built. The rapid growth of Kluang began in the 1920s and 1930s with the main rubber producing areas.

Kluang Municipal Council is authorized through the Local Government Act 1976 (Act 171) and several other acts associated with the By-Laws to carry out its functions and responsibilities. Historically, as local authorities began in 1920 when it opened Kluang Municipal Board. Kluang Municipal Board has been upgraded to the Town Council in 1957 Kluang, Kluang District Council in 1977 and subsequently declared the Kluang Municipal Council on May 8, 2001.