The origin of the opening of Kluang


Older people in Kluang agree that the city 's name is derived from the name of a mammal that flies at night in search of fruit , namely kluang ataupon Malayan Flying Fox is considered a type of bat in the world. There are also stories of animals that attack orchard so that had to be called shaman to drive them out . However , this story could not be confirmed by the long - time here . Clearly a village called Kmapung Kluang existed before 1910 near the town of Kluang . The presence of bats is probably caused by deforestation in the heart of Johor for the purpose of building railways and also placement in Kluang